Just a quick update to let you know that our DM’s resources for Chapter 3 of Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus have been published on the DM’s Guild! It’s our biggest DM’s resources yet, covering more than 70 pages in the campaign book. The download includes:
- Running Chapter 3. An overview of Chapter 3, including a thorough look at the chapter’s pacing with advice on how to handle travel, encounters, rests and much more.
- Fort Knucklebone. Thoughts and ideas that will help you improve the various encounters at Fort Knucklebone and make the party’s stay at Mad Maggie’s even more memorable.
- Quest for the Sword. A brief look at the Quest for the Sword, including ideas on how you can change the structure to give your players more options and agency, advice on how to handle Haruman’s Hill and the Hellwasp Nest, as well as a new monster: the Hellwasp Queen!
- Path of Demons and Path of Devils. A complete walkthrough of the two paths to the Bleeding Citadel, offering ideas on how to run, enhance or even remove various encounters to better fit your campaign.
- Avernus Cheatsheet. A one-page cheetsheet invaluable to any traveler in Avernus, giving you abbreviated rules for traveling in Avernus, as well as lists of devils, warlords and a complete rundown of the Nine Hells and their rulers.
- Monster Stat Blocks. Monster stat blocks covering every foe in the chapter, neatly arranged together on pages, so you don’t have to flip through several books when running encounters.
- 7 Encounter Maps. Fully colored and in both DM’s and player versions, these seven maps showing the plains of Avernus, Bel’s Forge, Crypt of the Hellriders, the Bone Brambles, the Hellwasp Nest, a Styx Watchtower and a Wrecked Flying Fortress are primed for digital tabletop.
With the amount of work put into these DM’s resources, we’re happy we can continue to set a low price of just 3.99$ at launch (although we can’t say for sure that the price won’t increase later). But! We know that not everyone has the dollars to spare, so here’s one of the battlemaps (Crypt of the Hellriders in both DM’s and player versions!) from the download for the low cost of FREE! Hope you enjoy – and have fun in hell!